October 23, 2008

The deceiving old bag



Walking (while digging into the piles of used, smelly stuff...hmmm! what a joy) down the market the other day, my eye spotted a small white quilted thing what seemed to be a Chanel bag.
Offcourse I pushed everyone out of the way and grabbed it as fast as I could. At first sight it was even prettier than anything I would ever expect from my favorite,but often shitty market. (but, thats always the exciting feeling I get after a great secondhand find) After a closer look it appeared to be an old fake one, i'm guessing 15, 20 years old.
But its nice handles, leather brush coming from a golden ball with chanel logos fooled me at first sight. Not to mention everyone around me at the market who where watching it like hawks and perhaps hoping I would throw it back on the pile.
I wonder how many people have been fooled by this tiny bag during its fake existance. And why did the owner before me decided to get rid of it? his/her consious? I must admit I do feel like a fraud when my fake little chanel gets a compliment. But honestly I have no problems whatsoever carrying around this deceiving old bag.

6 comments:

Jenny H. said...

that is so great that you found such a good fake.
congrats! i would be so excited if i found that as well :)

skeleton you are my friend said...

Ik ben super blij dat je weer blogt ! :)

Ashleigh said...

and you should not feel bad! Its still a beauty!

M* said...

Great find!

Trinidad said...

i know that feeling of discoverment
i get the same feeling when i discover a lost jewell on my favorite thrift shop (that happens to be a second hand clothes sale in a church)
and i love the look in the face of anyone who asks where i found it, and how much was it haha
i've been following your blog for a while now
to be honest, i'm at work with not much to do, and decided to go back till the first post and read it all now that i have some spare time
i love your blog

سلامة جلال said...

شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض
افضل شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بمكة
شركة نقل اثاث بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تسليك مجاري بالرياض
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بالمدينة المنورة
شركة مكافحة حشرات

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
شركة تنظيف حشرات بالرياض
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة
شركة جلي بلاط بالرياض